Multi-Protocol Label Switching is the newest approach to integrate Quality and Class of Service into large IP networks.
Furthermore, it introduces traffic management and traffic steering capabilities and enables
operators to optimize their networks.
- Understand MPLS conecpts and terminology
- Realize MPLS-routing in the context of IP-networks
- Compare Signalling Protocols (CR-)LDP and RSVP-TE
- Learn about MPLS capabilities to interwork with other networking technologies
- Type: Instructor-led
- Duration: 1-2 days (customizable)
- Materials: Powerpoint slides with annotations, Instructor manual upon request.
- Introduction to MPLS
- Motivation, History, Standards
- MPLS Terminology and Concepts
- Label Switched Pathes, Traffic Classes...
- MPLS Routing Protocols
- From RIP, OSPF to iBGP4-MP
- MPLS Signalling Protocols
- (CR-)LDP, RSVP-TE
- MPLS Media Adaptations
- Ethernet, FR, ATM, Dark Fiber
- Traffic Management
- Re-Routing, Traffic Classes, Pre-Emption,...
- Generalized MPLS
- MPLS Lambda Switching
- MPLS Interworking with ATM and Differentiated Services Networks